Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips

Friday, January 24, 2014

5 Reasons You Should Switch to Veggie Sausage

sausage, breakfast, my tiny heiney, mytinyheiney, claire pearson, protein
Veggie Sausage that hits the spot! 

Here's a pic of some veggie sausage that I cooked for a yummy Sunday breakfast! Why veggie sausage? Well, everyone in my house (except me) is a vegetarian and every once in awhile I wake-up craving a juicy patty of salty, spicy sausage --- the kind that reminds me of Sundays at my grandmothers. So, what's a meat eating girl to do? Cook veggie sausage!
I do not like any of the other fake meats --- but this one makes me a believer. I'm amazed at how well the veggie sausage satisfies me.
While preparing the patties, I wondered what the actual difference was between regular pork sausage and the veggie kind so I looked it up. Here's what I found.

Wow! What a difference. Here are FIVE things to look at which might help you make the decision to switch:

5. Regular sausage has 139 extra calories! (That's an hour of yoga or grande skinny latte)
4. Veggie sausage has 3 grams of Fiber where regular sausage has ZERO!
3. While veggie sausage has 4 grams more carbs, it also 5 grams more protein!
2. When you eat just 3.5 oz of pork sausage, you are getting 65% your daily allotment of fat compared to only 15% from veggie sausage.
1. Veggie sausage when cooked right - really does taste JUST AS GOOD!

So here's how to cook it - JUST RIGHT!

In order to make it as healthy as possible while keeping the flavor, I sprayed my hot cast iron skillet with butter flavored Pam and cooked the patties for about 15 minutes on each side. In the last two minutes, I added 1/2 TBSP of butter to the very hot pan and shook the patties around in it which just gave the patties a nice brown color without all the extra fat you get when you cook them in oil. I patted them dry on a paper towel and quickly took this pic so I could hurry up and devour my delicious sausage patties to go with eggs and toast.

These patties freeze well so go ahead and make a batch even if you are cooking for 1 and then wrap them individually in aluminum foil and you'll have healthy sausage available whenever the craving strikes. Enjoy! Let me know what you think :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read every single one and will get back to you :)