Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips

Saturday, January 4, 2014

#Sickoflettuce? Chopped Caprese Salad couldn't be easier!

Claire Pearson, My Tiny Heiney, simple,easy salad
Chopped Caprese Salad for when you are #sickoflettuce 

Sick of Lettuce? Here's a simple, easy chopped Caprese Salad that will keep you satisfied and healthy. 

I don't know about you but I get so sick of lettuce when I'm trying to recover from an over-indulgent holiday. Coming up with easy recipes that are packed with flavor and nutrition is key. I also like dicing the ingredients because I find it travels better  and it can work as a topping for fish/chicken or even eggs.   
My family loves this - let me know what yours thinks. You can even double or triple the recipe and eat it over the course of a few days. This portion is two days worth of salad for me! 

Simple, Easy Chopped Caprese Salad 

2 tomatoes - diced
4 oz. mozzarella cheese - diced 
1/4 cup red onion* - diced 
2 TBSP fresh basil - julienned 
1/4 cup low fat, low sugar oil & vinegar dressing 
salt & pepper to taste 
*MRC clients on Meta-Slim can substitute green onions 

Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read every single one and will get back to you :)